Rola standardów etycznych w kierowaniu zespołem
- Jerzy Szczupaczyński
Ethical standards, followed by managers in decisional situations, constitute an important regulative system in modern enterprise. The aim of this article is to reconstruct the standards corresponding to diverse areas of team management. The basis of qualitative analysis is a set of 59 accounts of ethical dilemmas, encountered by managers making hard personnel decisions, concerning punishing their subordinates, performance appraisal etc. The analysis of the gathered material points to the low level of professionalization of ethical standards, which the managers are guided by. The differences between these standards were referenced to the distinction between the ‘ethics of care’ and the ‘ethics of principles’. Additionally, the study has confirmed the discrepancy of legal norms and ethical standards, corresponding to the work relations. Line managers are used to the fact that their companies at times neglect the law, which does not really evoke any ethical reflection in them.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Issue year
- 3(7) 2008
- Publication size in sheets
- Abstract in Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=901
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=901
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.