Nowy kontrakt płci w dobie kryzysu ekonomicznego
- Joanna Roszak
New gender contract in the times of economic crises Crises usually enable us to attempt some status quo modifications. Although the necessity to take action in a crisis is usually forced, it may result in substantial progress in a given domain, as old assumptions must undergo verification. Does this rule apply to all aspects of social life? Although the new gender contract, with overlaps between roles performed by women and men has gained popularity, the question emerges about how the present economic crisis might influence the ongoing changes. Can it facilitate a change toward more egalitarian gender relations? Or, could it help reactivate absolute patriarchy? Historical evidence proves that both strategies may emerge in crisis. In the present text I attempt to analyze conditions in which the new gender contract is being shaped. My conclusion is that whether we employ the potential of economic hardship to introduce and consolidate modifications in gender relations, rests in the characteristics of the gender system we all live in. For the time being any major change towards gender egalitarianism seems rather distant, with only some room for forerunners.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- ZESZYTY NAUKOWE WYŻSZEJ SZKOŁY ZARZĄDZANIA I PRAWA
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- (pl) Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=1735
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=1735
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.