Siła woli a subiektywny dobrostan i poczucie autodeterminacji: Moderujaca rola stresu
- Romana Kadzikowska-Wrzosek
Abstract Two studies investigated the relevance of action vs. state orientation, perceived stress for subjective well-being and self- determination. According to Personality Systems Interactions (PSI) Theory, stressful life events (differentiated into demands and threats) were expected to reduce subjective well –being and self-determination when the ability to regulate affect was impaired. Decision related state orientation (SOD) is associated with an inability to self-generate positive affect in the face of demands, failure –related state orientation (SOF) is the inability to down-regulate negative affect in the threatening situation. In Study 1, state –oriented individuals proved less autonomous functioning in the face of increased stress. In Study 2, state –oriented individuals exhibited more symptoms of decreased subjective well –being then action oriented individuals when perceived stress was high. Stress increment led also state –oriented individuals to display less self –determination then action –oriented participants. Obtained results proved that depending on individual differences in affect regulation abilities, stress affected both subjective well-being and self-determination. The strength of volition plays an important role in dealing with stressful life events.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Przeglad Psychologiczny (The Review of Psychology. Official Journal of the Polish Psychological Association), ISSN 0048-5675
- Issue year
- 55 nr 4
- Publication size in sheets
- (pl) Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=11515
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=11515
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.