Psychologia Mieczysława Kreutza: zapoznane idee czy uniwersalny wkład do nauki?
- Piotr Oleś,
- Dariusz Doliński
As one of the pioneers of Polish psychology, Mieczysław Kreutz focused his interests on introspection and the scientific value of this method. In this article we focus on two selected applications of introspection: clinical investigation and the dialogical self, and on the current status of introspection in psychology. Clinical investigation based on introspection leads to insight into the phenomenology the of symptoms of mental health disorders and is applied in studies on the experiences of healthy people. A clinician asking about life events at the same time encourages the client to explore his or her own affects and cognitions. The phenomenological approach is also based on introspection, as in dialogical self theory and research. Introspective data allow a descritpion of dialogical phenomena; however, hypotheses on the possible influence of dialogicality on human behavior need experimental verification. After 80 years, psychology is still a science based on...introspective data. To overcome the notion that psychology is "a science of self-reports and finger movements," it is necessary to develop true experimental research. As Kreutz would probably argue: what we need is more experiments on behavior and less introspection pretending to be experiments.
- Record ID
- Other language title versions
- Mieczysław Kreutz's Psychology: familiar ideas or a universal contribution to science
- Journal series
- Przeglad Psychologiczny (The Review of Psychology. Official Journal of the Polish Psychological Association), ISSN 0048-5675
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Abstract in Polish
- Artkuł opisuje podejście Kreutza do introspekcji.
- http://www.kul.pl/files/714/nowy_folder/2.56.2013_art.5.pdf opening in a new tab
- (pl) Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=14184
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=14184
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.