The Effect of Technology on Language and the Importance of Language Technologies
- Rafał Uzar
The following paper is divided into three sections. Me first section will touch upon the historical context of technological development with reference to language. The second section will focus on the idea that technology plays a leading role in changing language. This includes the internet as well as computers, tablets, smartphones, mobiles and the suchlike. The third section will deal with some of the language technologies and linguistic tools that are currently being used to manipulate, analyze and quantify language data, something never hitherto undertaken to this extent.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- KULTURA POPULARNA, ISSN 1644-8340
- Issue year
- http://kulturapopularna-online.pl/fulltxt.php?ICID=1109975 opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=16791
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=16791
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.