The Polish Vocabulary
- Włodzimierz Gruszczyński
The present volume is an edition of
a German-Swedish-Polish-Latvian thematically arranged dictionary,
published in Riga in 1705 under the title Wörter-Büchlein, Wie etzliche
gebräuchliche Sachen auff Teutsch, Schwedisch, Polnisch und Lettisch Zu
The volume includes a comprehensive introduction presenting the structure of the dictionary and examining it from a user perspective: For whom was it intended? And how could it have been used? It also deals with the genesis of the dictionary, discussing which earlier dictionaries served as its models, as well as the role of the printing house and of the Latvian clergyman and writer Liborius Depkin, to whom the dictionary has traditionally been ascribed.
In separate chapters each one of the four languages in the dictionary is then discussed more in detail, focusing on various lexical, morphological, phonetical and orthographical features, as well as on the origins and sources of the respective vocabularies.
This is followed by a reproduction of the dictionary text, and facsimiles of some selected openings from Wörter-Büchlein.
- Record ID
- 66-73 + 92-179
- Publication size in sheets
- Larsson Lennart Lennart Larsson (eds.): Wörter-Büchlein. A German-Swedish-Polish-Latvian Dictionary Published in Riga in 1705, 2011, Sztokholm, Kungl. Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien (KVHAA)
- www.vitterhetsakad.se/publikationer/view/962 opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=5891
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=5891
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.