The relationship between intelligence and Pavlovian temperament traits: The role of the level of intelligence
- Magdalena Kaczmarek,
- Jan Strelau,
- Agnieszka Miklewska
From the very beginning of scientific research in psychology, the question about the relationship between intelligence and personality has been attracting attention. Chamorro-Premuzic and Furnham (2006) mentioned seven reasons that justify the interest of both these aspects of human characteristics at the same time. Both intelligence and personality traits are latent psychological constructs, which are manifested in individual differences in human behavior that can be systematically measured and observed. Individual differences in intelligence as well as in personality traits are quite stable along a life span, and to a given extent genetically determined; thus, in regard to both of them, the predictive role in educational and occupational setting is revealed. Moreover, both aspects – intelligence and personality – play a central role in the history of individual differences studies. As mentioned in our previous publications (Miklewska, Kaczmarek, & Strelau, 2006; Miklewska, Strelau, & Kaczmarek, 2004), many personality researchers, such as Thurstone, Guilford, Eysenck, and Cattell, showed interest in both intelligence and personality.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Gruszka Aleksandra, Aleksandra Gruszka Matthews Gerald, Gerald Matthews Szymura Błażej Błażej Szymura (eds.): Handbook of Individual Differences in Cognition: Attention, Memory and Executive Control. , 2010, New York, Springer
- https://www.researchgate.net/publication/225912146_The_Relationship_Between_Intelligence_and_Pavlovian_Temperament_Traits_The_Role_of_Gender_and_Level_of_Intelligence opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=7559
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=7559
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.