Maximizing individual or common profit - Regular or changeable preferences in economic games?
- Anna Hełka,
- Tomasz Zaleśkiewicz
According to game theory people should maximize their own gain. However, in many researches social behaviour can be observed instead of individual one (Fehr, 2004). It is also known that people differ in their preferences and some of them are more and other less pro-socially oriented (Hełka, 2007). The question remains are we able to modify this tendency through external, adequate training. We have tried to verify this tenet in our experiment. Results tend to show that external training may influence behaviour in economic games, but this impact is different for men and women.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Hełka Anna Anna Hełka (eds.): Selected Proceedings of the IAREP/SABE 2008 Conference at LUISS in Rome, no. 224 , 2008, Rome, Luiss University Press
- www.luiss.it/iarep2008/programme/.../224.doc opening in a new tab
- (pl) Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=7623
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=7623
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.