Spectator in Spectaculum. Concealed Personalities of Polish TV Channels: TVP1, TVP2, TVN and Polsat
- Maciej Mrozowski
The article attempts to verify the hypotheses of convergence and divergence with regard to the main Polish TV channels (TVP1, TVP2, TVN, Polsat). The discussion herein presented is based on the analysis of the results of research on the programme content of main television stations. The research was commissioned by TVP S.A. and carried out by TNS OBOP. The first part of the article explores data on the genere and theme structure of channels. It proves that there are more similarities than differences between the channels, especially during prime time hours, what supports the hypothesis of convergence. The latter part of the article - based on the result of analysis of the target audience, images of man/woman, conveyed values and emotions as well as ways of building relations with recipients - endeavours to deconstruct the model od viewer encoded in a given channel. The end result is a sketch od each channel's hiden personality, differing considerably from one another, what supports the theory of divergence.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Szurmiński Łukasz Łukasz Szurmiński (eds.): Media Studies in Poland at the Turn of the Century, no. vol. 1 , 2011, Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Skorpion
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=13641
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=13641
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.