Wilhelm Sasnal’s Transitional Images
- Katarzyna Bojarska
In her article the author offers a reframing of the discussion of how communities productively deal with their troubled pasts. The case in question is that of the post-war Polish national community, and its refusal to face so-called dark sides or shameful episodes of the historical past. The author concentrates on Wilhelm Sasnals’ artworks which deal with this gloomy heritage and reinterprets them in light of Donald W. Winnicott’s concept of transitional objects (as transitional images) thus pointing towards new possibilities in finding ways out of both discursive, political and pedagogical impasses in collective memory in Poland.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Miejsce: studia nad sztuką i architekturą polską XX i XXI wieku, ISSN 2450-1611
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- DOI:10.48285/8kaewzjo3p opening in a new tab
- http://miejsce.asp.waw.pl/en/english-wilhelm-sasnals-transitional-images/ opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.