Danuta Lato. Ekscesywne ciało przełomu
- Karol Jachymek
Danuta Lato (Danuta Duval) aka Danuta Irzyk, an actress and a photo model, born in a sub-carpathian village Szufnarowa, popular mostly at the break of 1980s and 1990s both in Poland and abroad. Rumor has it that the 21 year-old kindergarten teacher was accidentally discovered, as Paweł Piotrowicz mentions in his article, by a West German businessman’ who went passed her house. He offered her a job and left his business card. Soon the girl made the call and decided to go to West Germany’. What caught his attention was mostly the girl’s body, especially her breasts that, as she used to say herself, are the way they are! […] outside any norm’. Indeed, if you look at various Lato’s public appearances or photo shoots, you can easily notice that her overexposed body plays the crucial role. It is worth to mention that during that turn period of the ’80s and ’90s, contexts related to body and eroticism were not rare. In the article I shall look at Danuta Lato’s media presence and the various meanings erotic contexts could have carried during the turn as well as the so called ‚imagination revolution’ that took place at that time.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Kultura Popularna, ISSN 1644-8340, e-ISSN 2391-6788
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- https://kulturapopularna-online.pl/resources/html/article/details?id=190034 opening in a new tab
- (pl) Polish
- Additional file
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.