Medialne narracje o biznesie a problem legitymizacji. Analiza cyklu „Nowe Fortuny”
- Marek Kochan
The level of general legitimization of socio-economic system in Poland is rather low, also in comparison to other countries. This observation is true also in the case of legitimization of income and asset inequalities resulting from transformation processes after 1989. Thomas Piketty noticed that the attitude towards inequality could be connected more with its justification than with the real scale of inequality. The material chosen to examine how assets inequality is justified in Poland is the series of articles published in the Polityka weekly, called "New fortunes" and devoted to top Polish businessmen and their stories of becoming rich. Using methodology inspired by Wladimir Propp’s "Morphology of the Folktale", the author analyses 10 chosen articles to show how the way to the fortune is presented, with a focus on the character’s description, their features, strategies, sources of business activity, magical helpers and enemies, internal and external mechanism affecting the plot. All these elements are commented on from the viewpoint of potential justification of the acquired assets and general legitimization of inequality.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Kwartalnik Naukowy OAP UW "e-Politikon", ISSN 2084-5294
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in Polish
- legitymizacja, nierówności, narracje, biznes, media
- http://oapuw.pl/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/e-politikon-25-2018.pdf opening in a new tab
- (pl) Polish
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.