C2niwa community– segmentation criteria and building brand associations on the example of a selected target group
- Agnieszka Popławska
Every organization which offers products or services wishes to communicate with their customers in the most effective way. This kind of communication is based on proper selection of target groups which are identified in the process of market segmentation. Therefore, it is very important to ask the question to whom the message is to be directed and what kind of a message we want to convey. This article describes the selection criteria for target groups in the Centre of Competence for Novel Infrastructure of Workable Applications (C2 NIWA) which is organized in the structures of the Gdansk University of Technology. It is a place that provides advanced IT platforms for the production of various types of applications. C2 NIWA users have access to the most current knowledge in this field, advisory services, and tools to collaborate on IT projects. They needed to be divided into target groups and the communication methods were adapted to their specifics. The result of this process is the establishment of appropriate associations with the brand. The article presents the results of a short research showing what kind of associations were successfully built in one of the target groups by using a system of visual identification – the logo of the C2 NIWA.
- Record ID
- Journal series
- Task Quarterly, ISSN 1428-6394, 
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in English
- target groups, community, segmentation
- http://task.gda.pl/files/quart/TQ2015/04/tq419z-d.pdf opening in a new tab
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.