Using the Interactive Whiteboard Technology for Teaching the Principles of Style during Academic Writing Classes
- Agnieszka Gadomska
Teaching the principles of style as aspects ofESP has a long tradition especially at American academic institutions. One of the biggest authorities among the experts on style was the late Joseph M. Williams from the University of Chicago. His academic coursebook entitled Style: The Basics of Clarity and Grace was first published in 1981 and up till now has had over ten editions, with the latest one published in 2015 and co-edited by Joseph Bizup. The aim of the article is to present the principles of teaching the elements of style (based on Williams' Style: Ten Lessons of Clarity and Grace) at the tertiary level of education to the University of Social Science and Humanities English Philology students. The use of the interactive whiteboard technology supports a variety of techniques that help not only visualize but also understand and practice the principles of style.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Gabryś-Barker Danuta, Danuta Gabryś-Barker Ryszard Kalamarz Kalamarz Ryszard (eds.): Języki Specjalistyczne: teoria i praktyka glottodydaktyczna, Geographia studia et Dissertationes, no. 3677, 2017, Katowice, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Śląskiego, 165 p., ISBN 978-83-226-3238-3
- Keywords in English
- interactive whiteboard, TEFL, style, academic writing
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.