„Karny jeżyk”: efektywna metoda wychowawcza czy możliwy przykład ostracyzmu?
- Kamila Madeja-Bień,
- Małgorzata Gamian-Wilk,
- Małgorzata Lewandowska,
- Dominika Waszniewska
The article presents an educational method, colloquially called ‘time out’, from the perspective of research on the phenomenon of ostracism. Described are the theoretical models and the results of research on social exclusion. It has been shown that leaving a child in isolation can have negative emotional and behavioral effects. Possible side effects of the use of the ‘time out’ method were also presented. The discussion covers the conditions in which the use of the ‘time out’ procedure may contribute to positive effects.
- Record ID
- Other language title versions
- ‘Time Out’: An Effective Educational Method or a Possible Instance of Ostracism?
- Journal series
- Psychologia Rozwojowa, ISSN 1895-6297, e-ISSN 2084-3879
- Issue year
- Publication size in sheets
- Keywords in Polish
- "karny jeżyk", ostracyzm, ignorowanie, wykluczenie
- Keywords in English
- ‘time out’, ostracism, ignoring, exclusion
- DOI:10.4467/20843879PR.18.013.9354 opening in a new tab
- (pl) Polish
- Additional file
- Score (nominal)
- Score source
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.