Polish and Foreign TV Information Programmes: Comparative Analysis
- Maciej Mrozowski
This article presents the results of the content analysis of news programmes broadcasts between 30 June and 13 July 2008 on four foreign (BBC One, TF1, France 2, ZDF) and four Polish (TVP1, TVP2, TVN, Polsat) TV channels. The analysis includes programme setting (studio, newscaster, credits), thematic structure of information and news narrative structure. Various elements were categorised in such a manner as to distinguish the most apparent similarities and differences between Polish and foreign programmes. The features which make Polish news services unique in comparison to the Western ones are: greater focus on infotainment in the setting of and and during the programme, political themes dominating over information on society, economy or culture, a more extensive news structure built on the basis of witnesses' accounts rather than reporters' stories. It mat be claimed that these differences arise from journalists' perception of reality rather than the reality itself.
- Record ID
- Publication size in sheets
- Szurmiński łukasz łukasz Szurmiński (eds.): Media Studies in Poland at the Turn of the Century, no. vol. 2 , 2011, Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Skorpion
- (en) English
- Score (nominal)
- Additional fields
- Dorobek Naukowy - Preview URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Podglad.aspx?WpisID=13642
- Dorobek Naukowy - Approve URL: http://dn.swps.edu.pl/Biuro/ZatwierdzanieWpisu.aspx?WpisID=13642
- Uniform Resource Identifier
* presented citation count is obtained through Internet information analysis and it is close to the number calculated by the Publish or Perishopening in a new tab system.